(photo by 4ll4n0)
- with illintent, met up with maiji, orangisque and aphelion_orion (first time!) at union station. Ate poutine because I needed it.
- went to pick up the exhibitors passes. security guard had to stamp our hands, but made the necessary pause to stop a couple with their baby who was about to pass through...to play with the baby! Also told us that the ink in the stamp was permanent and that we may experience hallucinations as a result. (lol!)
- set up the table, including the banner display. Must still work on the second part of the display for next year.
- new from us this year is a chibi/sd Lucian Fallen print and my (yeah, I drew something) chibi/sd of "ninjin loves you yeah" from macross frontier
- beside us were Raechel (who was beside us last year wooo~!) and Steph with her amazing fantasy/photo realistic artwork. Helped Rae who was mostly solo and chat quite a bit with Steph
- eye was bugging me so I went around with one contact lense for a few hours, which is really messed up for me because I'm considered legally blind.
- awesome sunhawk got me two life-like squirrel plush! I've never seen anything like it :D Thanks again!!
- Jason/Nodion (whom I did a run to get his pass from Henry) posed awesomely for us:
- cat ears are fun...just ask my models:
- we even got to pop a pair on illintent...much to his dismay. (Photo by maiji)
- 4ll4n0 made his stop over to our table. Sorry, no new issue this year, but we gave all who stopped by and inquired about the new issue a new mini poster as out way of saying thanks and sorry.
- also bumped into Mike N from the AnimeRoundtable Podcast and wandered the alley a bit with him and illintent...
- ...and first time illintent and I were able to wander the con together since going as exhibitors
- sales were slow but there's still Saturday...
- sales picked up!
- ended up buying cat paws from axe because it looks too fun not to. turned out to be really entertaining for me and the people around me.
- met lroy finally! so happy to see her, especially since I missed picking up one of her comics at AN!
- went to union station with illintent and grabbed a juice from jugo juice for lunch because it was called "powerzone". On our way there, many people were on their way to the ball game. illintent pointed out that apparently one guy, who was walking with his friend, was checking me out and lost his train of thought. (lol wut?!)
- kuroi_shi looked fantastic in her yuuko costume. took her months to make:
- bought artwork from Steph and Harvey Chan
- got to chat with mauig, re_love, fpelayo, strayfish, kinnonyee, AXE (of course), AK comics, jaybie, plastik wrap peoples, Mike from AnimeLondon (in his first con appearance since surgery!)
- picked up a poster tube they were giving away at the Blockbuster booth
- made a bunch of last minute sales
- had our (now 4th) annual dinner after the con at sei sushi:
Thankfully, I was within my range with the reservaton numbers, considering the last minute drop outs and add ons, but still, huge, kudos to the folks at Sei Sushi!
People attended: Heekun, illintent, maiji, aphelion_orion, jerry + bro, schierke + D, Henry, kuroi_shi + friend + Nathan I., Mike K., Allison, Kingsley, Yoshiko, Christina, Nathan F. and...me. :3
- chatted it up with Rich from www.jack-and-pookie.com, Jim and Alison from www.dooomcat.com.
- illintent actually did a commission for someone. He wanted an SD/chibi of his character and wanted all of us to do one. I opted out because either my SDs look like scribbly weirdness or I need my Illustrator.
Here (the reference and illintent's result):
- chat with Sid, Saki(!), Dina (briefly) before I assisted schierke with:
- while I was taking photos of schierke, some guy (with his friend) wanted a photo with her then totally started hitting on her. XD Then it was like a sitcom where the guy gets schierke to intro me to them and then his friend to us. When asked what brought us to the con, I replied "I'm in the artist alley selling comics with my fiance." Continued to chat with the friend, who was a con newb dragged here by the friend. (also chat with kuroi_shi, nathan & their friend as they were going home) I had to interrupt this session as I had to go back to the table: it was an hour before closing.
- for dinner we celebrated a belated happy orangisque day and had Korean BBQ! To the O_o of those around me, I continued to pack it away while everyone else had already stopped. (granted I did a lot of the bbq'ing) I totally smelled like char inside and out afterwards.
In terms of sales made it into the black so yay! The table has been booked for next year for another weekend of funz!